The leading crypto options exchange, Deribit marked a record-breaking $15 billion of notional open interest in Bitcoin options on November 16.
Open interest, referring to the amount locked in active options contracts, for Bitcoin has increased more than double of its size since September. It peaked to $14.36 billion during the bullish market momentum in October 2021 when Bitcoin was trading at the market price of over $60,000.
Deribit is the biggest Options exchange for crypto assets with it accounting for over 87% from global crypto option open interest which is nearly $25 billion. At the time of writing the open interest for Bitcoin options lays around $13.8 billion, according to data from Deribit exchange.
“We’re excited to announce that we’ve just achieved a record-breaking $15 billion (ATH) in notional open interest in BTC options,” said Luuk Strijers, the Chief Commercial Officer at Deribit. “This development underscores the increasing preference for options as a strategic tool among traders, whether for positioning, hedging, or leveraging the recent surge in implied volatility.”
Options contracts are financial instruments that hold the right to buy or sell the underlying asset at a predefined price. A ‘call’ option represents the buying contract of assets and ‘put’ represents the selling contract of assets.
- KUNCI PREDICTION. KUNCI cryptocurrency
- EUR AED PREDICTION
- 15th anniversary of Bitcoin white paper: From concept to multi-billion-dollar market
- Montenegro Court Approves Extradition of Terra Founder Do Kwon
- USD INR PREDICTION
- Bitcoin Withdrawal Wave Hits New Highs in Market Shift
- EU Seeks to Enhance Crypto AML/CFT Compliance Standards
- EUR TRY PREDICTION
- Bitwise Founders Face Fraud Charges in $100M Scheme
- Beyond Celebrity Favor for Dogecoin (DOGE) and STEPN (GMT), an Unseen Crypto Contender Emerges for 2024