Seyffarth believes Hashdex and Franklin, whose next deadline is Nov. 17, and the Global X ETF (Nov. 21) bids will be delayed. But Seyffart still believes there is a 90% chance that spot BTC ETFs will be approved before Jan. 10, 2024.
Okay, we’re nearing in on deadline dates for 3 spot ETF applications. I want to get ahead of it because there’s a pretty good chance we’ll see delay orders from the SEC. Delays WOULD NOT change anything about our views & 90% odds for 19b-4 approval by Jan 10, 2024
— James Seyffart (@JSeyff)
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) deadline to approve Bitcoin spot ETFs expires this week. The deadline is Nov. 17.
Before this date, the SEC must approve all 12 applications for the creation of spot ETFs that have accumulated. If this does not happen, all applications submitted by issuers later will enter the public comment period.
If this scenario becomes a reality, some market analysts expect that the SEC will not approve these applications until the public comment period ends – that is, until early January 2024.
In this case, the next crucial deadline will be Jan. 10, 2024. On this day, the regulator must decide on the final deadline for filing an application for a spot Bitcoin ETF from Ark Invest.
- MDT PREDICTION. MDT cryptocurrency
- KUNCI PREDICTION. KUNCI cryptocurrency
- Ethereum price prediction: is the bullish trend sustainable?
- Kaspa price jumps 15% following Binance listing
- Bittrex Global ceases trading amid operations wind down
- USD COP PREDICTION
- QUACK PREDICTION. QUACK cryptocurrency
- Nearly $6.5b in Bitcoin and Ethereum options are set to expire
- OPUL PREDICTION. OPUL cryptocurrency
- CZ’s Exit from Binance: Is it the End of an Era or a Fresh Start?