Crypto lending platform Celsius Network is undergoing a major strategic transition to mining amidst legal troubles and financial uncertainty. A recent court ruling endorsed Celsius’s shift to crypto mining, marking an important milestone as the company aims to remedy the predicament of customers with inaccessible funds.
However, revelations by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission revealed that Celsius violated U.S. regulations by misleading investors and operating without proper registration.
Additionally, Former CEO Alex Mashinsky faces a September 2024 trial date following a colleague’s admission of guilt, with accusations of fraud and non-compliance with regulations casting a shadow on Celsius Network’s path.
Despite the company’s legal woes, the market shows a positive momentum as Celsius’s CEL token rose to 42% in the past week, and is currently trading at $0.30.
According to CoinGecko, CEL has a market cap of $130 million, making it the 257th largest cryptocurrency globally.
- MDT PREDICTION. MDT cryptocurrency
- KUNCI PREDICTION. KUNCI cryptocurrency
- Ethereum price prediction: is the bullish trend sustainable?
- Bitcoin holder claims hacker stole 139 BTC, paid record $3m in fees
- Bitcoin ETF desire narrows Grayscale GBTC discount to 8%
- ICE PREDICTION. ICE cryptocurrency
- Kaspa price jumps 15% following Binance listing
- Bittrex Global ceases trading amid operations wind down
- USD COP PREDICTION
- QUACK PREDICTION. QUACK cryptocurrency