Coinbase is warning its users that it has been issued a subpoena by the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), according to posts by users on Twitter who have shared copies of the message.
Users who have both Coinbase and Bybit accounts are said to have received this message. The CFTC is seeking information about Bybit, and if a court does not reverse the subpoena by November 30, Coinbase may have to provide users’ account and transaction details to the CFTC.
Bybit, based in Dubai, had previously mentioned in its terms of service that it does not serve customers in the United States. However, users have reportedly accessed Bybit using virtual private networks (VPNs).
In a notable development, Bybit announced that it had achieved 20 million users the day after Coinbase’s communication and positioned itself as a “top-three cryptocurrency exchange.”
- Best coins for today
- FIRE PREDICTION. FIRE cryptocurrency
- South Korea Plans Expulsion of Non-Compliant Crypto Exchanges
- SOLO PREDICTION. SOLO cryptocurrency
- Brent Oil Forecast
- KIN PREDICTION. KIN cryptocurrency
- NY AG Expands Lawsuit to $3B Against DCG, Genesis, Gemini
- EUR TRY PREDICTION
- Wall Street Buying 12X Bitcoin Supply Above Production
- Bitcoin Enters ‘Boom’ Phase, Further Gains Expected