A decentralized finance (DeFi) platform, dYdX, experienced a $9 million insurance loss on Nov. 17, attributed to a secure dYdX chain and an incident on the v3 chain impacting Yearn.finance’s YFI token market, dispelling exit scam concerns.
The exploit, targeting YFI’s long positions, liquidated about $38 million, causing a 43% drop in YFI’s value. Juliano stated they won’t negotiate with the attackers but will reward those aiding the investigation.
Despite suspicions, Juliano stated, “We will not pay bounties to, or negotiate with the attacker. We and others have made significant progress into identifying the attacker. We are in the process of reporting the information we have to the FBI.”
This unique approach to community involvement in finding the culprits distinguishes dYdX from traditional bounty payments. The security breach led to a $300 million market cap reduction for YFI, raising concerns about insider involvement.
dYdX’s refusal to negotiate with attackers and reliance on community involvement, rather than direct bounties, sets a unique precedent in addressing DeFi security breaches.
- KUNCI PREDICTION. KUNCI cryptocurrency
- MDT PREDICTION. MDT cryptocurrency
- SEC Charges Kraken for Operating Unregistered Securities Exchange
- DENT PREDICTION. DENT cryptocurrency
- USD INR PREDICTION
- CFX PREDICTION. CFX cryptocurrency
- QOM PREDICTION. QOM cryptocurrency
- XAI PREDICTION. XAI cryptocurrency
- Aptos Labs Partners with Microsoft for Web3 and AI
- USD PHP PREDICTION