The Ethereum network is set to undergo the Dencun upgrade on Mar. 13, introducing key scalability enhancements.
Ethereum developers have set the deployment of the Dencun upgrade for slot number 8626176, aiming to enhance the network’s functionality.
Scheduled for activation in one month’s time, the upgrade introduces the proto-danksharding feature with EIP-4844, according to Tim Beiko of the Ethereum Foundation.
Blobs are coming to mainnet at slot 8626176 .oO
— timbeiko.eth ☀️ (@TimBeiko)
The feature brings blob transactions and transient storage to improve Ethereum’s support for Layer 2 networks like zkSync, Optimism, and Arbitrum. This allows for more transaction data without extending block processing times.
Incorporating of “data blobs” through EIP-4844 is a significant step towards addressing data storage needs, facilitating the inclusion of additional data in Ethereum transactions.
The Dencun upgrade has undergone a series of test deployments on various testnets, including Goerli on Jan. 17, Sepolia on Jan. 30, and Holesky on Feb. 7, ensuring its readiness for the main network.
- Top gainers and losers
- Best coins for today
- FOTA PREDICTION. FOTA cryptocurrency
- Bitcoin-Yen Hits Record High, Reflects Fiat Stress in Japan
- Trader Joe unveils experimental DN-404 token
- NY AG Expands Lawsuit to $3B Against DCG, Genesis, Gemini
- Winklevoss Predicts Demand for Bitcoin Post 2024 Halving
- MILK PREDICTION. MILK cryptocurrency
- Gold Rate Forecast
- Wall Street Buying 12X Bitcoin Supply Above Production