On January 27th, a Swiss fund, PrismInvest, experienced an $850K LINK drainage orchestrated by Inferno Drainer, as reported by Arkham.
The assailant, operating as “Alchemist63,” greenlit two transactions, resulting in consecutive losses of $450K LINK each within a brief 12-second interval.
The victim’s address, intricately tied to PrismInvest, notably shows a history of substantial deposits into a Binance address, indicating potential connections with other wallets.
The attack, facilitated by the Inferno Drainer software, inflicted a cumulative loss exceeding $1M across various crypto users. Tracking the stolen funds revealed their passage through Chainlink’s Uniswap V2 pool, leading to a significant $120K loss due to slippage.
Despite the substantial financial impact, it appears improbable that the MEV bots orchestrating the attack will entertain any refund requests. This incident underscores the vulnerabilities inherent in crypto transactions and highlights the perils associated with sophisticated cyber assaults.
- Top gainers and losers
- Best coins for today
- FOTA PREDICTION. FOTA cryptocurrency
- AE PREDICTION. AE cryptocurrency
- Ripple’s (XRP) Resistance Fail: Why Technicals Suggest Holding Might Be Smarter
- Bitcoin Bulls Step Back as Price Nears $49,000 Peak
- Aptos launches $99 crypto smartphone dubbed JamboPhone
- PRMX PREDICTION. PRMX cryptocurrency
- Nigeria Urged to Regulate Crypto to Combat Financial Crimes
- FIRE PREDICTION. FIRE cryptocurrency