Marathon Digital Holdings, Inc., a major player in the Bitcoin mining sector, has shared a snapshot of its performance and ongoing developments for October 2023. In the latest update, the company detailed a slight increase in its energized hash rate, signaling continued growth in its mining capabilities.
Fred Thiel, Marathon’s Chairman and CEO, noted a 1% rise in the energized hash rate, now reaching 19.2 exahashes. This advancement is particularly attributed to the progress in the company’s Garden City, Texas facility, which contributed 4.1 exahashes. As this site approaches full operational capacity, Marathon is set to exceed its target of 23 exahashes, aiming to become the largest Bitcoin miner in North America.
Marathon’s presence is not just growing in the U.S.; its international ventures are also expanding, with 2.3 exahashes already functioning in Abu Dhabi. Further expansion is expected by the year’s end.
The company is also exploring innovative mining solutions to improve sustainability and reduce energy costs. A pilot project in Utah is now mining Bitcoin (BTC) using methane gas from landfills, reflecting Marathon’s commitment to environmental responsibility and renewable energy use.
For October, Marathon’s U.S. operations produced 1,184 bitcoins, marking a significant year-over-year increase. The efficiency of Marathon’s fleet is also set to improve, based on the manufacturer’s specifications, which is a crucial factor in mining performance.
Financially, Marathon displayed robust health, ending the month with $156.1 million in unrestricted cash and cash equivalents. Additionally, the company strategically sold some of its Bitcoin holdings to support operations and maintain financial stability.
- MDT PREDICTION. MDT cryptocurrency
- KUNCI PREDICTION. KUNCI cryptocurrency
- Ethereum price prediction: is the bullish trend sustainable?
- Bittrex Global ceases trading amid operations wind down
- QUACK PREDICTION. QUACK cryptocurrency
- Nearly $6.5b in Bitcoin and Ethereum options are set to expire
- OPUL PREDICTION. OPUL cryptocurrency
- CZ’s Exit from Binance: Is it the End of an Era or a Fresh Start?
- Bitcoin holder claims hacker stole 139 BTC, paid record $3m in fees
- Bitcoin ETF desire narrows Grayscale GBTC discount to 8%