The recent surge in Bitcoin (BTC) to an annual high of more than $37,000 has made MicroStrategy’s multibillion-dollar wager on the leading digital asset profitable to the tune of more than $1 billion.
The largest publicly traded firm in Bitcoin, MicroStrategy, reported in its third-quarter financial report that as of September 30, it had acquired 158,400 BTC for a total of $4.68 billion. The company also revealed that each coin costs, on average, $29,586 to buy.
With Bitcoin trading at $36,671 right now, the company run by Michael Saylor has seen an amazing, around 23% increase on each of its BTC.
- KUNCI PREDICTION. KUNCI cryptocurrency
- MDT PREDICTION. MDT cryptocurrency
- Ethereum price prediction: is the bullish trend sustainable?
- HFT PREDICTION. HFT cryptocurrency
- QUACK PREDICTION. QUACK cryptocurrency
- Nearly $6.5b in Bitcoin and Ethereum options are set to expire
- OPUL PREDICTION. OPUL cryptocurrency
- CZ’s Exit from Binance: Is it the End of an Era or a Fresh Start?
- Bitcoin holder claims hacker stole 139 BTC, paid record $3m in fees
- Bitcoin ETF desire narrows Grayscale GBTC discount to 8%