David Baszucki, the founder and CEO of Roblox, expressed his vision of enabling the transfer of nonfungible tokens (NFTs) and digital items across different platforms.
During a recent CNBC interview after Roblox’s Q3 2023 earnings call, Baszucki emphasized the influential role that major personalities, like celebrities, play in driving the widespread adoption of NFTs and digital collectibles.
Roblox’s recent earnings call, it was disclosed that the company experienced a loss in Q3. However, the company recorded a 20% increase in year-over-year booking estimates. This growth was attributed to higher spending within the games and an overall rise in the total number of users.
He envisions a scenario where users can seamlessly move their collections beyond the platform where they originated. For example, Baszucki suggested that celebrities like Elton John could join Roblox, and create and sell exclusive collectibles, and these items could then become NFTs, allowing them to be traded on various marketplaces outside of the Roblox platform.
- KUNCI PREDICTION. KUNCI cryptocurrency
- MDT PREDICTION. MDT cryptocurrency
- Ethereum price prediction: is the bullish trend sustainable?
- EU Seeks to Enhance Crypto AML/CFT Compliance Standards
- CZ’s Exit from Binance: Is it the End of an Era or a Fresh Start?
- ICE PREDICTION. ICE cryptocurrency
- Bitcoin holder claims hacker stole 139 BTC, paid record $3m in fees
- CAST PREDICTION. CAST cryptocurrency
- Bitcoin ETF desire narrows Grayscale GBTC discount to 8%
- Kaspa price jumps 15% following Binance listing