A new post on Durov’s Telegram announced 10,000 random subscribers to his channel. The giveaway will happen in a week, namely on Nov. 14.
Durov announced that he aims to promote Telegram’s new feature: fair giveaways in channels. He claimed that he bought the subscriptions via Toncoin. The total amount spent was $200,000. TON surged 5% in 24 hours at the time of writing.
Durov used a payment service for premium subscriptions, Fragment, where users can pay for purchases in the TON token.
Although Telegram is not directly involved in developing the TON ecosystem, it remains interested in this network. An example of this was the creation of the auction blockchain platform Fragment for trading collectible usernames.
It started working on Oct. 26 last year. In March, support for the stablecoin Tether USD (USDT) was added to the @Wallet bot in Telegram; before that, the messenger bot wallet only supported Bitcoin (BTC) and TON.
Telegram also introduced a new Wallet Pay service for payments in Bitcoin, TON cryptocurrency, and USDT stablecoin. The new tool can be integrated into any bot or service on Telegram, allowing users to pay in three cryptocurrencies through the messenger interface.
- KUNCI PREDICTION. KUNCI cryptocurrency
- MDT PREDICTION. MDT cryptocurrency
- Ethereum price prediction: is the bullish trend sustainable?
- EU Seeks to Enhance Crypto AML/CFT Compliance Standards
- CZ’s Exit from Binance: Is it the End of an Era or a Fresh Start?
- ICE PREDICTION. ICE cryptocurrency
- Bitcoin holder claims hacker stole 139 BTC, paid record $3m in fees
- CAST PREDICTION. CAST cryptocurrency
- Bitcoin ETF desire narrows Grayscale GBTC discount to 8%
- Kaspa price jumps 15% following Binance listing