Tellor reports double-digit gains in the past 24 hours, where it currently sits at $112.21.
At the same time, PeckShield shared the news of its account being hacked.
A fake airdrop
Tellor’s X (formerly Twitter) account has been hacked
— PeckShieldAlert (@PeckShieldAlert)
The initial post misleadingly stated, “The $TRB airdrop is live on an EVM chain near you…,” redirecting users to a counterfeit tellor[.]co website mimicking Tellor’s genuine URL. Subsequently, a follow-up post reaffirmed the false promise, asserting that “$75,000 claimed on…”.
PeckShield shared news of the Tellor X account being compromised as part of its regular real-time alerts, sharing the news in a post made on Nov. 3, with a screenshot showing that Aegis Web3 identified the website “tellor.co” as a phishing platform, presenting the risk of users having their private keys stolen, among other risks.
Following a 150% price gain
A few weeks earlier on Oct. 24, TRB made headlines after it gained more than 150% in price, making it a top gainer, yet again, while compared to other altcoins. Although less substantial, Nov. 3 price charts show a 10.15% increase, placing it in what would be the #2 spot on CoinMarketCap.
The price rise has led to hackers taking a keen interest in compromising the social media account for Tellor.
- MDT PREDICTION. MDT cryptocurrency
- KUNCI PREDICTION. KUNCI cryptocurrency
- Ethereum price prediction: is the bullish trend sustainable?
- Kaspa price jumps 15% following Binance listing
- Bittrex Global ceases trading amid operations wind down
- USD COP PREDICTION
- QUACK PREDICTION. QUACK cryptocurrency
- Nearly $6.5b in Bitcoin and Ethereum options are set to expire
- OPUL PREDICTION. OPUL cryptocurrency
- CZ’s Exit from Binance: Is it the End of an Era or a Fresh Start?