While acknowledging rollups as the industry’s primary preference, Buterin highlights the potential advantages of Plasma, particularly in reducing transaction fees and enhancing security.
Plasma, introduced in 2017, represents a category of blockchain scaling solutions designed to achieve significant scalability gains by moving most data and computation off-chain, with exceptions for deposits, withdrawals and Merkle roots.
Despite multiple iterations, such as Minimal Viable Plasma, Plasma Cash, Plasma Cashflow and Plasma Prime in 2018, Plasma has faced challenges. It has, to a large extent, been overshadowed by rollups, mainly due to concerns related to substantial client-side data storage costs
In his concluding remarks of the post, the Ethereum founder states that in 2023, Plasma is an underappreciated design space within the blockchain landscape. While acknowledging rollups as the gold standard with unmatched security properties, especially concerning the developer experience, Plasma’s distinct advantage in circumventing the data availability issue led to a significant reduction in transaction fees.
Just two weeks earlier, on Oct. 31, Buterin shared another article, this time emphasizing the significance of connectedness to the blockchain network, specifically focusing on the security aspects associated with withdrawing to Ethereum and reading Ethereum.
While many are speculating on Ethereum’s value following ETF announcements, the founder has shown his continued interest in showing just what the technology is capable of.
- KUNCI PREDICTION. KUNCI cryptocurrency
- MDT PREDICTION. MDT cryptocurrency
- Ethereum price prediction: is the bullish trend sustainable?
- Bitcoin Withdrawal Wave Hits New Highs in Market Shift
- Nearly $6.5b in Bitcoin and Ethereum options are set to expire
- Circle Denies Allegations of Involvement With Justin Sun and Hamas
- USD COP PREDICTION
- Bitwise Founders Face Fraud Charges in $100M Scheme
- Elon Musk Deepfake on YouTube Scam Nets $165K in Crypto
- Hooked Protocol Faces Backlash Over Alleged Insider Trading